Need Medical coding Services?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Compare quotes on essential services and equipment for your home or business.
HOW IT WORKS
Research Your Purchase
By reading our buyer's advice, you can research your purchase. Our comprehensive buying price will educate you about the purchase.
Get Price Quotes
By filling the above form, you can get a quick price quote. We help you shop from best vendors by letting you compare prices from professionals.
Save Time And Money
Eventually, you will be saving a lot of time in making your best purchase. This let you connect to best vendors real quick, and all by staying home.
Read our buying advice for Medical coding Services
Here's something people often overlook in their offices: coding services. Yep! As small as the task may seem, it is an integral part of your organization. From transcribing all documentations to ensuring nothing goes wrong in the files, medical coding services can make everything a whole lot easier.
But to use top-tier technology and hire skilled workers, you need to understand what the services are and why you need them. Want to know about these services? Let's dive right in!
What Is Medical Coding?
First and foremost, let's clear up the basic definition of these services. What are medical coding services exactly?
In simple words, medical coding is the translation of medical documents. According to the AAPC, all healthcare diagnoses, medical services, procedures, and equipment are transformed into universal medical alphanumeric codes. These codes are either transcription of a physician's notes or a laboratory/radiologic results.
Once medical documentation has been made, your medical coding worker will take that information. Next, they assign diagnosis and procedure codes based on what AAPC rules say. Lastly, an insurance claim is processed that shows how much said the patient would be billed.
And What Are The Different Types Of Medical Coding Services?
Now that you know what medical coding services are, let's dig deeper. Medical coding services are further divided into several subsets. Keep scrolling to read about them!
According to the World Health Organization, an acronym for International Classification of Diseases, 70% of all health care expenditures are assigned using this. Meaning, this is the most common system used to cover diagnoses and procedures.
In the US, these are further divided into ICD-10-CM for diagnoses, and ICD-10-PCS for inpatient hospital procedures.
CPT stands for Current Procedural Terminology, and as of now, these are more than 10,00 CPT codes that are used worldwide. Moreover, these were designed to offer consistent data to describe the different types of medical, surgical, and diagnostic services provided to patients.
CPT is also further categorized into three different types. The first one encompasses five-digit codes with accurate descriptions corresponding to services or procedures. The second one includes alphanumeric tracking codes necessary for execution measurement. Lastly, are provisional codes that are used for newer technology, procedures, and services.
- HCPCS Level II
Last but not least, HCPCS stands for Healthcare Common Procedural Coding System. These codes are typically used for outpatient hospital care, chemotherapy drugs, Medicaid, Medicare codes.
HCPCS levels are also divided into two different types. The former is similar to CPT code, whereas the other is categorized into 17 different sections.
What Good Are Medical Coding Services?
Now you might be thinking about what the importance of medical coders is? That's exactly what we've discussed down below. Keep reading to find out!
- Every visit to the doctor means thousands of new details and information given by the patient. Keeping track of all this data and info is no easy task. That's where medical coding steps in to save the day! By translating all this information into an appropriate alphanumeric code diagnosing becomes a whole lot easier.
- In addition to the first point, medical coding and billing make it easier for the organisation to manage individual patients' payments. Plus, you can easily take care of the confidentiality of all patients when ensuring database security.
- Moreover, medical coding services make submitting claims to insurance companies a whole lot easier. Besides this, it also makes sure that your claim gets denied; you have substantial proof.
- Plus, this helps ensure the medical facility receives proper payments for all the procedures they've performed.
Now that you've decided that yes, I need to hire a medical coder, it's time to move onto the next problem. Do you know who and why you should be hiring them?
No? Worry, not! We're here to tell you what features your medical coder should have. Next, we'll discuss why you should be hiring a professional.
- Your coder should have experience relevant to the domain they will be working in. This ensures efficiency in the office.
- You should make sure your coder has certifications. This allows you to trust them to do all the necessary work diligently without wasting any time.
- Not just this technical knowledge, but your coder should have good communication and decision-making skills. Moreover, they should have good analytical skills.
- Your coder should be detail-oriented, considering that hundreds of patients' processing data require you to have an eagle-eye.
- Last but not least, make sure your coder has a high level of integrity. All data and info received about patients need to be kept confidential. Someone working in this field must be able to protect such sensitive data
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring A Professional Medical Coding Worker?
Now that you know how you can spot the perfect medical coder, let's talk about why they're amazing.
- Up-to-date Certifications
When it comes to hiring a medical coder, proficiency and expertise are everything. By hiring a professional you can rest assured they are up-to-date with all the new coding systems, regulations, and practices.
This means no matter how insignificant the change in ICD maybe, your coder will be updated and your system will continue to work smoothly.
- More Efficiency
Another plus of hiring a dexterous coder is efficiency. How? You ask. Well just think of it like this: if you hire an amateur in your organisation the chances of mistakes and errors are higher than if you hire an experienced, skilled worker.
- Saves Time
Lastly, hiring a professional saves you a whole lot of time. From the hiring process to the work itself, a professional is bound to make the task a whole lot easier for you. In addition, hiring a stellar worker ensures they don't delay or miss deadlines. Plus, you get consistent and quality work.
What Are The Cost Estimates?
The average salary for a proficient health coder is from $27,820 to $71,150.
Medical coding services are a whole lot more complex than people think. Being the foundation of your healthcare department's revenue, it is crucial to ensure you don't compromise healthcare because of coding services.
Now that you know the entirety of medical coding services it's time to hire a skilled and well-versed coder to manage your medical coding and bills! Fill the form above and get professional services at your doorstep.