Need A Aerial Lift?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Compare quotes on essential services and equipment for your home or business.
HOW IT WORKS
Research Your Purchase
By reading our buyer's advice, you can research your purchase. Our comprehensive buying price will educate you about the purchase.
Get Price Quotes
By filling the above form, you can get a quick price quote. We help you shop from best vendors by letting you compare prices from professionals.
Save Time And Money
Eventually, you will be saving a lot of time in making your best purchase. This let you connect to best vendors real quick, and all by staying home.
Read out buying advice for aerial lift
An aerial lift is a common part of the industrial and construction sector where they are used for lifting the workers to high and unreachable places, such as tall buildings, trees, and infrastructure. The movable structure is supported by a hydraulic arm that allows workers to maneuver around objects – and complete the task with more efficiency. The lift is also equipped with a pre-installed platform, making it easy for the workers to carry all the equipment along with them for accessibility.
Uses of Aerial lifts
Originally, the aerial lifts were given the names of ‘cherry pickers’ as they made it easy for the fruit harvesters to pick fruits from tall trees and had the ability to maneuver it to a certain position. Although they have become very innovative since then, they are still used to pick fruits and prune trees in farms all over the world.
Today, we see these versatile machines often on roads and construction sites. Some of the uses they perform include:
- Servicing the utility lines – Utility lines such as those installed for electricity, telephone, and other transmissions require repairing and replacement on a regular basis. With an aerial lift, the worker can easily reach the elevated height of the pole without worrying about electrocution and falls.
- Construction – Aerial lifts are used during the construction process and specifically when painting the exterior of tall buildings. They are also used for maintenance purposes including repair and window washing.
- Rescue work – Certain situations such as fire, also allow the use of these vehicles to aid in rescue of people stuck at elevated areas.
- Decoration – We often see tall buildings cover with lights on specific occasions. Do you know how the lights got there? Yes, with the help of aerial lifts, the workers are easily able to put up the decoration on tall public and private buildings.
- Warehousing – Warehouses are often packed with items at high places to make use of the limited space available. However, to help them reach the elevated areas, most warehouses keep an aerial lift to handle their products.
Types of aerial lift
If you are looking for an aerial lift for your task, it is important that you select the right one based on your requirement. Aerial lifts are available in variety of forms and you can find a wide range starting from a miniature one that can be towed manually or a large, self-propelled model that require specialized handling.
Here, let’s take a look at some of the common types of aerial lifts you can use.
1. Spider lift
Spider lifts come with a small base and four legs, that helps hold the platform firmly to the ground. These lifts are narrow and require minimal space to move around. However, they can reach a good height of 100 feet or more – depending on the size you purchase.
The best part about these lifts is that they can be used in both – outside and inside locations. They have the capacity to carry up to 500 pounds and work well for landscaping, window washing, and interior work.
2. Scissor lift
A common site in the construction industry, the scissor lift has the ability to reach up to 50 feet. These lifts come with an extended work platform, allowing the workers to carry heavy loads and even people to a designated height.
They are easy to use and come with different methods of power: hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical – you can choose the one depending on the requirement of your company.
3. Boom lift
The boom lift is one of the most versatile styles of aerial lift. This is because they have no limitation and can move up, down, front, back, sideways, and even up and over. These lifts are available in three main types, which include:
- Telescopic boom lift – that allows the workers to access even the hardest to reach areas.
- Articulating boom lift – this can move from side to side after being extended.
- Trailer mounted lift – the most mobile style of aerial lift that can be towed behind a SUV truck or a work van.
4. Personnel lift
As the name suggests, the personnel is the most compact style of aerial lift. It is towable or push-able and is appropriate for indoor constructional work. The single person platform of personnel lift comes with a control box, allowing the workers to raise and lower themselves as needed.
5. Cherry pickers
The vehicle-mounted cherry pickers can reach a height of over 80 feet. Although, they are developed especially for the agriculture industry, nowadays they are attained by other sectors as well including construction and commercial.
Selecting an aerial lift and its cost
There are several factors to take in consideration prior to making a purchase of an aerial lift. These aspects of an aerial lift will also help determine the cost of your equipment. So before you contact an aerial lift company, think about:
- The size of the lift you require
- The power it will use (electric, diesel, hybrid)
- Whether it will be used indoors or outdoors
- Your working area
The price of an aerial lift will vary significantly on the type of lift you select. For example, personnel lifts are small and thus cost-effective. In fact, you can expect a quality personnel lift for around $1000 – $15,000.
On the other hand, the aerial lifts used for the advanced work such as the articulated boom lift and spider lift will cost you more and can range anywhere between $12,000 – $100,000, both new and used. However, with proper maintenance you can expect the lift to remain functioning for several years with no issues.
Where to start?
Once you have determined the type of lift you require and its condition (new or used), simply fill out the form above by providing us with all the details of your requests. Our team will get back to you with an estimated quote and guide you further regarding the best type of aerial lift for your specific task.