Need A Fire Alarm System?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Compare quotes on essential services and equipment for your home or business.
HOW IT WORKS
Research Your Purchase
By reading our buyer's advice, you can research your purchase. Our comprehensive buying price will educate you about the purchase.
Get Price Quotes
By filling the above form, you can get a quick price quote. We help you shop from best vendors by letting you compare prices from professionals.
Save Time And Money
Eventually, you will be saving a lot of time in making your best purchase. This let you connect to best vendors real quick, and all by staying home.
Read out buying advice for fire alarm systems
Home is a place that provides shelter and protection to its residents, and the use of a fire alarm system further secures them. Being a responsible family member, it’s your duty to protect your family from all kinds of mishaps and accidents.
Installing fire alarm systems further protects your house and its residents from fire-related accidents. It is an essential addition to your household or office space as it gives prompt warnings and notifications in case of a fire emergency.
But nothing can ruin your security plans than a weak and false fire alarm system as it may not ring at the time of the accident. A false fire alarm buzzes even when there is no sign of threat and sends signals to fire emergency departments.
Let’s explore the features of a good fire alarm system that keeps your house safe and secure.
What is a Good Fire Alarm System?
A fire alarm system is essentially a network of devices working together that identify and warn people about any smoke, fire and Carbon monoxide related emergent situation arise. They usually use audio and visual appliances such as strobe speakers, smoke and heat detectors to warn the inhabitants of the building adequately. The alarm of the fire alarm system can be loud ringing sound with flashing lights, or it can be a recorded message warning people to evacuate the building. Some fire alarm systems use additional warnings, such as sending a voice message or making a phone call. A fire alarm system can be manual, automatic or semi-automatic, with adjustable alarm sounders.
What are the different types of fire alarm system?
Following are a few different types of fire alarm system with brief explanations:
- Automatic and manual fire alarm:
- Conventional Fire Alarm
- Two-wired Alarm
- Analogue –Addressable Fire Alarms
- Wireless Fire Alarms
- Smoke Detection Systems
What are the different components of the fire alarm system?
- Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP)
- Primary and Backup Power Supply
- Alarm Initiating Device
- Alarm Notification Device
- Remote Control and Display Panels
- Building Safety Interface
What are the advantages of a fire alarm system?
1. Receive Early Signals: Fire alarm systems must adhere to local, state and federal regulations and codes. They should also be tailored to your requirements. With new technological advancements, the fire alarm systems are becoming more and more sophisticated. Now, the alarm can set off at the slightest sign of danger. The warning or alert is usually triggered when a network of smoke and heat detectors identify a certain level of smoke or heat in the atmosphere.
Furthermore, the loud and audible sound the alarm makes is shrilling enough that it can wake up people from a sound sleep. Who in different circumstances may pass out from inhaling carbon monoxide and be burnt to death as a result.
2. Conveniently Monitor Fire without Human Effort: The fire alarm systems have significantly improved in the last decade. Nowadays, the alarms are refined enough that they permit you to manage and control the alarm system through your mobile phone via the internet. This monitoring system further sends a distress signal to the fire department so that they can dispatch fire-fighters to your home. And put out the fire.
Hence, delivering convenience and security all rolled into one.
3. Cost-Effective Solution: You can save your money by hiring competent, trained and skilled service providers. While hiring service providers make sure that they promptly respond to your queries and listen to your requirements attentively, as this behaviour showcases their professionalism.
A capable service provider will be equipped to draft a fire alarm system according to your stated needs and if required, would happily provide helpful suggestions to improve the efficiency of the system.
- Peace of Mind: By installing the fire alarm system, you can have peace of mind as you are now secured and protected in case of any emergency.
- Easy Maintenance: The fire alarm systems or smart systems as they are now referred to are specially devised to improve the overall performance of the system while reducing maintenance time. For all the services, they provide Twenty-Four hours a day and seven days a week, these fire alarm systems only require routine inspections by a professional every six months to assure that all the components and the entire system as a whole are functioning accurately. Thus, the fire alarm systems are pretty low-maintenance.
- Reduce the Risk of Accidents: With the advancement in technology, fire systems also have advanced and become more refined. These smart-systems can now assist in improving the overall security of the building or home where they are installed, thus ensuring a risk- free environment.
For instance, they can be easily integrated with the security system can provide visual cues, i.e. turn off lights in rooms that are empty so that fire-fighter’s precious time could be saved in case of a fire emergency.
Also, these fire alarms now come with a better voice and auditory signals, ensuring that the warning issued at the time of emergency is audible. Another notable feature of these smart systems is the integration with other systems. These features dramatically increase the value of these systems and reduce the risk of accidents.
How much does Fire Alarm System Cost?
Costs and pricing estimates often depend on the service provider, and therefore there is a stark variation observed. Also, the pricing depends on the type and level of fire alarm system you have chosen.
Prices can rise if you have subscribed to monitoring services that permit you to manage and control the alarm system through your mobile phone via the internet. They also provide routine inspections to ensure that all the components and the entire system as a whole are functioning accurately. As well as a wide variety of round the clock support features.
Installing a fire alarm system is vital to secure your home. Every building in the country should be required to have it on their premises the same as a fire escape or a fire extinguisher. Commercial buildings should invest in the right Fire Alarm System to achieve ultimate safety to their occupants. Moreover, they should consider it seriously as hundreds of people visit their premises. Choosing a reliable and trustworthy service provider is mandatory to guarantee a hassle-free and smooth installation so that your home can remain safe and secure from any fire-related emergency.